Minnesota Alliance With Youth pursues various initiatives to further its mission, vision and goals. These currently include:
- ALLIANCE SUMMITS – Held to increase quality and knowledge of best practices including youth engagement and voice; to provide opportunities to network and resource-share in a local, regional or statewide setting, particularly on populations with disparities in school completion rates; and to create a comprehensive statewide vision that begins at the community level. Learn more about the Alliance Summits. CLICK HERE!
- QUALITY TASK FORCE – The Minnesota Alliance With Youth is proud to team with Youth Community Connections, which has spearheaded a group of dialogues and discussions with a variety of sectors around the topic of quality non-formal learning opportunities and youth work practice. CLICK HERE!
- RED WAGON AWARDS – Recognizing individual young people or groups of young people who have demonstrated increased academic achievement, civic engagement and service, and/or exemplary leadership. Learn more about the Red Wagon Awards, including this year’s honorees. CLICK HERE!
- SERVE-A-SMILE GRANTS – The Serve-a-Smile mini grant program offers young people start-up funds as they envision ways to create healthier schools and communities through youth service. Serve-a-Smile is based on the belief that creative and resourceful youth, when given the opportunity to work on public service initiatives with their family, school, friends, and neighbors, can help solve community problems. Read about the projects chosen to receive Serve-a-Smile grants for Global Youth Service Day. CLICK HERE!
- YOUTH POLICY ALLIANCE – The Youth Policy Alliance is a coalition of youth-serving organizations working together to ensure sound youth policy in Minnesota. The YPA includes several associations, nonprofit organizations, community groups, faith groups, and individuals. It is focused on increasing opportunities and resources for youth in Minnesota through policy change. CLICK HERE!