The purpose of this forum is to discuss how our community will respond to the urgency to improve academic outcomes for low income students and students of color. Spurred by the movie, Waiting for “Superman”, and the unacceptably low achievement for many young people in our city, this conversation is designed to consider what is working, what is not working and what each of us can do to make a difference.
We invite you to add your voice to the discussion. There will be ample opportunity for you to share your opinions and ideas for action.
Opening remarks by:
- Sandy Vargas – CEO, The Minneapolis Foundation
- Pam Costain – CEO, AchieveMpls
- Pastor Andre Dukes – Pastor, Shiloh Temple; Education Chair, Northside Achievement Zone
- Todd Otis – Executive Director, Ready4K
- Lynn Nordgren – President, Minneapolis Federation of Teachers
- Jennifer Godinez – Deputy Director, Minnesota Minority Education Partnership
Wednesday, October 27
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Jefferson Community School
1200 West 26th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Limited parking will be available in the lot adjoining the school.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.