Join young people and adults from the first congressional district on Monday, November 18th, from 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Minnesota State University, Centennial Student Union, in Mankato, for a youth summit designed to help address the achievement and opportunity gaps in Minnesota! Food will be served, but please register early as space is limited.
The summits will highlight responses to a survey administered by the Minnesota Youth Council last year, in which young people identified their top issues as bullying; drug and alcohol abuse; and gangs, crime, and safety. Participants will examine these issues’ relevance to the dropout rate and achievement gap.
For more information about the summits, please see our website here.
- Minnesota State University in Mankato on November 18, 3:30-7:30pm (District 1)
- Lake Superior College in Duluth on November 23, 10am-3pm (District 8)
- St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud on December 3, 3:30-7:30pm (District 6)
- Hamline University in St. Paul on December 10, 9am-1pm (Districts 4 & 5)
- Chanhassen High School in Chanhassen on January 22, 3:30-7:30pm (District 3)
- TBD (District 7)
Questions? Please contact Brian Hubbard, Community Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.