Ann K. Johnson Service Award & Scholarship
This scholarship honors Ann Johnson and her lifetime of service, which was tragically cut short last year. Ann served on the board of the Minnesota Alliance With Youth and as executive director for Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation and director of community affairs for Delta Dental of Minnesota. Through her work, Ann helped found Delta Dental’s Serve a Smile initiative, which contributes more than $25,000 in annual mini-grants to schools and community-based organizations for youth-led health initiatives.
This scholarship recognizes two high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to service and have been involved in Serve a Smile or Global Youth Service Day. The scholarship will be awarded to one youth from the seven county metro area and another from greater Minnesota. Each will receive $1,400 to support their post-secondary academic pursuits and will be honored on Monday June 9th at the Red Wagon Awards.
Application deadline: All materials must be faxed to (651) 528-8588 or emailed to Sarah Ullmer at email@example.com by Friday April 11, 2014.
- Be a graduating Minnesota high school senior.
- Have current or past involvement in the Serve a Smile grant program or Global Youth Service Day.
- Have at least three years of service to school or community.
- Have been accepted to a two- or four-year undergraduate program or technical college.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be available to attend the Red Wagon Awards on June 9th.
- Typed application including name, address, email, phone number, current school and school attending.
- Letter of acceptance to institution of higher education.
- Two letters of support from non-family members describing your commitment to service.
- A short description of the history of your service to schools or community.
- A description of involvement in either the Serve a Smile program or Global Youth Service Day.
- Typed response to the following essay questions (limit to 500 words):
- What does service mean to you?
- What are your hopes and dreams and how will your education help you pursue them?
- How are you going to continue your service in the future?
Minnesota Alliance With Youth, Sarah Ullmer, firstname.lastname@example.org