History and Impact
Since 1997, Minnesota Alliance With Youth has been working with young people, their schools, and their communities to ensure that innovative approaches inspire academic and civic engagement. Following are some of the highlights since the Alliance’s inception:
- Helped more than 150 Minnesota communities assemble cross-sector teams to secure the resources all youth need to be successful in school and in life.
- Supported over 1,000 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows at more than 250 sites.
- Held over 60 statewide and regional summits to promote coordination of resources, share best practices, and provide leadership training on topics such as dropout prevention, youth development, and education.
- Select and convene 72 youth and adult partners annually for leadership development, youth voice, and advocacy training during their service as Minnesota Youth Council representatives.
- Serve as Minnesota’s lead agency in partnership with Youth Service America’s Global Youth Service Day.
- Supported more than 250 National and Global Youth Service Day projects through Delta Dental’s Serve a Smile Program.
- Implemented the Lt. Governor’s Red Wagon Awards to recognize and celebrate more than 100 young people engaged in leadership and service.