Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation Announces 2017 Serve a Smile Winners
March 10, 2017
Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation, in collaboration with Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Minnesota FCCLA, has awarded $30,000 in annual youth service grants and in-kind dental hygiene supplies to 22 sites in Minnesota. These competitive grants are awarded through Delta Dental’s Serve a Smile grant program to support youth-led service projects that address important oral health and overall health issues. The program provides young people with funds to create healthier schools and communities.
The following sites were awarded Serve a Smile grants:
- Badger FCCLA, Badger- Young Kids Cooking Class
- Fergus Falls School District ISD 544, Fergus Falls- Make A Difference in Oral Health Project
- Greenvale Park Community School, Northfield- Bingo Bookshelves
- Harbor City International School, Duluth- Delta Dental Care Kits
- Health & Wellness Center (High School for Recording Arts), St. Paul- Check Yo’Self 101
- High School For Recording Arts, St. Paul- Spoken With A Smile
- Hinckley-Finlayson High School FCCLA, Hinckley- Toothbrush backpack program
- Intermediate District 287, Richfield- Cooking Class
- Kenyon-Wanamingo FCCLA, Wanamingo- The Worth of Water
- Laura Jeffrey Academy, St. Paul- Courtyard Garden: Sharing Education and Building Community
- Learning for Leadership Charter School, Minneapolis- Smiling Together
- Minneapolis American Indian Center, Minneapolis- Healthy Flavors
- Minnesota Internship Center High School, Minneapolis- Cigarettes and Smiles
- North Junior High, St. Cloud- Healthy Living Packages
- Paladin Career and Technical High School, Blaine- Sensory Integration
- Rock County 4-H Federation, Luverne- Hygiene Kits 2.0
- Sabathani Community Center, Minneapolis- South Minneapolis Youth are Empowered as Leaders in Dental Health Awareness
- Spring Lake Park FCCLA, Spring Lake Park- Inside Out & Up and Down: Healthier Teeth Can’t Be Found
- United Way of 1000 Lakes, Grand Rapids- Reaching Out On the Range
- Worthington FCCLA, Worthington- Stone Soup
- Y of the Greater Twin Cities, University YMCA, Minneapolis- Brush Up on Dental Health!
- YMCA Teen Outreach Program, White Bear Lake- Healthy Mouth, Healthy You!
“We hope this grant will support the creativity and innovation of Minnesota’s youth – the leaders of our future,” said Joseph Lally, Executive Director of Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation.
“The Serve a Smile partnership is a unique opportunity for young people to make great impact and positive change in their communities,” said Sarah Dixon, CEO of Minnesota Alliance With Youth. “Through these grants, youth are changing futures through health and oral health service and service-learning projects. For the past 14 years, the Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation has been supporting youth leadership in communities across the state,” Dixon said.