We’re Hiring: Program Coordinator
February 8, 2019
Job Title: Program Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Type: 20 hours/week, Part-Time Limited with an anticipated end date in August 2019
Closing Date: February 22, 2019
Minnesota Alliance With Youth works in partnership with youth to ensure that ALL young people have equitable educational opportunities that foster their individual assets, honor their voices, and prepare them to reach their goals. The Alliance accomplishes this mission through our core organizational values of equity, quality, and collaboration.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating work that supports meaningful experiences for our AmeriCorps applicants and members. This position will provide a high level of customer service, administrative support, and project coordination for the operations teams.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, high attention to detail, strong computer and organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. The employment status of this position is part-time, limited (20 hours/week) with an anticipated end date in August 2019, with a possibility of becoming permanent.
Essential functions include:
● Collect, review, and track required AmeriCorps member paperwork; support members through onboarding process including completion of their online enrollment paperwork, in-person verifications, background checks, etc.
● Support scheduling and day-of needs for onboarding meetings to welcome new members and collect identification documents
● Support the Host Site application process, including assisting with the creation of online materials, collecting executed agreements and other required pieces; maintain accurate program files
● Set up and maintain online accounts for members, supervisors and host sites; provide account support to individuals as needed throughout the year
● Coordinate, track and review member timesheets on an ongoing basis to meet compliance requirements, scan for allowable activities and ensure proper documentation is being maintained
● Support collection, review and tracking of any required member paperwork over the course of the term of service, including mid-year and end of year member performance evaluations
● Support ongoing compliance work with the Operations team including the member enrollment and exit processes (reviewing paperwork, timesheets, helping members complete all steps in the process)
● Complete regular internal reviews of all program files to ensure fidelity; support regular program audit needs
● Provide member and host site support in completing program requirements, ensure timely communication and customer service; be a resource to answer questions about the Americorps Promise Fellow & VISTA programs
● Contribute to member recruitment, satisfaction, and retention of the AmeriCorps programs by supporting member engagement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Experience working with youth and/or strong commitment to creating spaces for youth voice and success preferred
● Experience working in an office setting and/or organizing a program/project
● Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Social media web platforms, and Google Suite
● Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, external partners and donors
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact in person, over the phone, and by email
● Customer/client service focused
● Ability to maintain accurate records, tracking systems, files, etc.
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
● Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
● Adaptability and flexibility with various competing demands
● Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
● Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, education, youth development, or related field, and/or a combination of education and experience
● An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
● Strong commitment to the Alliance core values of equity, quality and collaboration
● Attention to detail is high priority; able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
● Excellent interpersonal skills: able to communicate effectively in person, over phone and by email with Alliance constituents, including AmeriCorps members, host site supervisors, and community partners
● Adaptable: able to shift focus in response to evolving organizational needs
● Proactive: able to anticipate tasks/needs and plan accordingly
● Ability to manage large scale programs
● Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
● Ability to perform sedentary work as required
Typical Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● Able to work at a computer for long periods of time
● Able to work in environment that is quiet but with many people demanding attention
● Able to frequently stand, walk, sit, and climb in performing duties in the office and for onsite and offsite meetings and events
● Able to maintain regular operation of normal office machines (telephone, computer, copier, and other office machines) is required
● Able to work independently with minimal supervision
● Able to work evening and weekends for meetings and events
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $18.27. 20 hours per week. This position will not be eligible for benefits, but will accrue Paid-Time-Off on a pro-rated basis based on FTE. Office located in St. Paul, MN. To apply, interested candidates must complete a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references. Please send all required materials electronically to email@example.com and include in the subject line Program Coordinator. Deadline to apply is February 22, 2019. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Minnesota Alliance With Youth, visit our website at: www.mnyouth.net.
Please note: We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. We are committed to the principle of equity and are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of individuals.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
● Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
● This document is available in alternative formats.
This position is funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service. Employment is contingent on the successful completion of required background checks.