Youth Day at the Capitol is Feb. 21
January 17, 2012
January 17, 2012 (St. Paul, Minn.) – Dozens of young people from across Minnesota will discuss the benefits of quality youth development programming with legislators at Youth Day at the Capitol, Tuesday, Feb. 21. The event is co-hosted by the Minnesota Alliance With Youth (the Alliance) and the Youth Policy Alliance.
“Legislators need to hear the message that investment in youth is an investment in a healthy Minnesota,” said Sarah Dixon, CEO and president of the Alliance. “Virtually every Minnesotan in every part of the state stands to benefit when the next generation of young adults is better prepared to contribute and participate in our economy and community life.”
Supporters are invited to come with a young person
Minnesota Alliance With Youth supporters are encouraged to attend this event with a young person, and to visit with your legislators.
The schedule for the Day includes:
- 9 a.m.: Gathering and short training, Great Hall in the Capitol building
- 9:30 – Noon: Visits with legislators (supporters are responsible for scheduling their own visits in advance)
Schedule your visit: To schedule visits with your legislators, follow these steps;
- Find out who your legislators are, visit the Minnesota Legislature District Finder
- Call their office to make an appointment for Feb 21st between 9 a.m. – Noon
- Let us know when your meeting is scheduled, fill out the brief link
Partners in the Youth Policy Alliance are:
- Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota
- Minnesota Workforce Council Association
- Minnesota Youth Intervention Programs Association
- Minnesota Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee
More information will be available on our Facebook Event Page and on the Youth Rally Minnesota Blog.