The work of GradMinnesota is directed by an Advisory Council of stakeholders including youth, nonprofit and business leaders, parents, teachers, administrators and government employees. The Advisory Council convenes partners’ voices, providing perspective and sharing best practices, programs and ideas.
The Advisory Council convenes bimonthly around one of the seven priority recommendations. Each meeting features a keynote speaker and opportunities for networking, discussion, brainstorming and sharing.
Advisory Council meetings are open to all- please come and add your voice to the coalition of community members working to help our students succeed!
Upcoming Advisory Council Meetings
February 22, 2018 from 9am-11am at the Minnesota Department of Education, CC16, Conference Center B- featured topic is Recommendation #7: Provide Alternative Pathways to a Diploma
Past Advisory Council Meeting Agendas and Content
December 14, 2017: Featured Topic: Tiered Framework of Supports
October 19, 2017: Featured Topic: Make Transportation Available
September 28, 2017: Featured Topic: Recover and Re-engage Youth
- Meeting Agenda
- Powerpoint on Reengagement Centers
- Minnesota Reengagement Centers: Ensuring Education and Employment Success Grant Abstract
- Positive School Climate and Restorative Practices Illustrated Essay
June 15, 2017: Featured Topic: GradMinnesota Recommendation #3 Increase Mentoring Throughout the State
- Meeting Minutes
- BBBS of Central MN College & Career Readiness Activities
- Big Brother Big Sisters Powerpoint presentation
- MYC Omnibus Bill Summary
April 20, 2017: Featured Topic: GradMinnesota Recommendation #1 Ensure Quality Data is Available and Used to Effectively Target Supports for Students
Sign up for the monthly GradMinnesota Newsletter to stay up-to-date on relevant events and information!
Past Monthly Newsletters
Three subcommittees drive the work of GradMinnesota. For more information on the subcommittees, or to become involved, please contact the appropriate co-chair:
- Legislative Advocacy Subcommitee Co-Chairs: Kori Redepenning, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Ryan Mulso, Educators for Excellence
- Communication Subcommittee Co-Chair: Kate Suchomel, Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- Collective Impact Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Roberto Reyes, Minnesota Department of Education
Thanks to America’s Promise Alliance and State Farm for their support of this initiative!