Serve – AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
Interested in serving in 2017/18?
Fill out the 2017/18 Interest Form! Application coming soon!
Gain a Lifetime of Experience
- Show your commitment and care by dedicating a year to service
- Join a peer-learning community and build skills needed for social sector careers
- Gain experience with program development and management
- Learn data tracking and how to use it for evaluation and measuring impact
- Develop teamwork, leadership, and communication skills
- Increase your youth development experience
- Take advantage of monthly opportunities for professional development
- Directly apply your learning and make a meaningful and lasting impact at your host site
- Build connections in schools and community organizations
- Leverage post-service resources and support through alumni networks
- Access hiring opportunities through the Employers of National Service program
BENEFITS BEYOND SERVICE
- Modest living allowance (approx. $1,044/month) for half term members
- Health and dental insurance offered at no cost to members
- Qualified federal student loan forbearance and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- $2,887 Education Award upon successful completion of half term service
- Qualified childcare assistance
Support & Training
- Ongoing, extensive support and training is provided on the Promise Fellow model
- Promise Fellows meet regularly for training on topics ranging from interventions to education reform, the opportunity gap, building relations, conflict resolutions, and more
- Trainers include both education and non-profit leaders from across the state
- Members are offered a Life Coach during their term
- CEU opportunities are made available to both Promise Fellows and Supervisors during our Regional, Mid-Year, and Promise Fellow Institute training. Minnesota Alliance with Youth will provide you with the materials you need to seek approval from your board.
Do you have what it takes?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be either a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S. (Please review the eligibility requirements for more details.)
- Successfully pass background checks
- Interest in mentoring and working with youth, or past service experience
Promise Fellows may NOT be in school full-time or have another full-time position and serve with the Alliance.
We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, age, or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.