Serve – Promise Fellow and IPN
*Now accepting applications to serve a half term as a Promise Fellow (January-July 2017)!*
Gain a Lifetime of Experience
- Show your commitment and care by dedicating a year to service
- Join a peer-learning community and build skills needed for social sector careers
- Gain experience with program development and management
- Learn data tracking and how to use it for evaluation and measuring impact
- Develop teamwork, leadership, and communication skills
- Increase your youth development experience
- Take advantage of monthly opportunities for professional development
- Directly apply your learning and make a meaningful and lasting impact at your host site
- Build connections in schools and community organizations
- Leverage post-service resources and support through alumni networks
- Access hiring opportunities through the Employers of National Service program
BENEFITS BEYOND SERVICE
- Modest living allowance (approx. $1,044/month) for half term members
- Health and dental insurance offered at no cost to members
- Qualified federal student loan forbearance and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- $2,887 Education Award upon successful completion of half term service
- Qualified childcare assistance
Support & Training
- Ongoing, extensive support and training is provided on the Promise Fellow model
- Promise Fellows meet regularly for training on topics ranging from interventions to education reform, the opportunity gap, building relations, conflict resolutions, and more
- Trainers include both education and non-profit leaders from across the state
- Members are offered a Life Coach during their term
- CEU opportunities are made available to both Promise Fellows and Supervisors during our Regional, Mid-Year, and Promise Fellow Institute training. Minnesota Alliance with Youth will provide you with the materials you need to seek approval from your board.
Do you have what it takes?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be either a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S. (Please review the eligibility requirements for more details.)
- Successfully pass background checks
- Experience with mentoring, working with youth, or past service
Full-time, half term AmeriCorps members serve at least 900 hours during their term of service (January-June). Promise Fellows may NOT be in school full-time or have another full-time position and serve with the Alliance.
Apply to Serve a 2017 HALF TERM
1. Review Application Materials
Both new candidates and returning members must complete the application process. Please review all of the materials below before completing the online application:
- Application Checklist
- Position Description
- Eligibility Requirements
- All members will need to provide citizenship and identification documentation prior to enrollment. If missing any of these documents, take action to obtain them as soon as possible to avoid delays.
2. Complete Online Application
You will be sent to a secure page and asked to create a username and password to begin. Once started, applications can be partially saved and returned to by logging in as a returning user. Only fully completed applications will be considered. The application totals five pages; there is no time limit.
We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request. This document is available in alternative formats.