AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows help ensure youth success by connecting young people to caring adults, service and leadership opportunities, and high quality in and out of school supports. Using an evidence-based model, they track attendance, monitor behaviors, and support academic growth. AmeriCorps Promise Fellows assist youth in reaching their full potential and set them on a trajectory for high school graduation and lifelong success.
Are you a current Promise Fellow looking for the Promise Fellow Resource Page? Click here!
Over the past decade, AmeriCorps Promise Fellows have helped more than 170,000 youth significantly improve their academic, social, and emotional outcomes
Nearly 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows devote a year of service to narrowing the opportunity and achievement gaps — one young person at a time.
What Promise Fellows Do
Using an array of research-based approaches, AmeriCorps Promise Fellows develop innovative ways to deliver the fundamental resources that young people need to be successful. Serving at least of 30 youth in grades 6-10, Promise Fellows help young people overcome challenges with attendance, behavior and core academics (the ABC’s).
- Provide attendance coaching, call home if students miss class, organize field trips or other special events to make learning and being at school more engaging and relevant.
- Coordinate a lunchtime mentoring program, promote youth leadership development through a student-led peer mediation program, connect youth with community and civic opportunities, provide avenues for increased youth engagement in school and the broader community.
- Provide before, during and after school academic support for individuals and small groups, connect after-school service-learning projects with classroom instruction, connect students with a mentor or tutor, incorporate math/reading games into after-school programming.
In addition to providing individualized interventions, AmeriCorps Promise Fellows also help to create a positive whole-school environment through activities such as:
- Recognizing good attendance
- Organizing family service projects
- Encouraging participation in after-school programs
- Greeting youth at the beginning of each day
Want to hear more?
Learn more about the position and benefits!
Making a Difference For Youth
Over the past decade, AmeriCorps Promise Fellows have helped more than 170,000 Minnesota youth significantly improve their academic, social, and emotional outcomes. Fellows serve across the state, changing lives in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows create real change in the lives of Minnesota youth – check out our most recent Promise Fellow Program Impact numbers!