NOW Accepting applications fOR 2016-17!
The Minnesota Youth Council is looking for young people between the 8th-12th grades who are passionate about issues facing youth in Minnesota today! The MYC is now accepting applications for 2016-17, however applications are open ONLY for young people living in District 2, 6 and 7. If you live in these districts and are in the 8th-12 grade, please apply below.
Please read through the entire application to understand the eligibility requirements, commitments, expectations and responsibilities of joining the Minnesota Youth Council. Below are step by step instructions on how to apply.
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit a New Youth Member Application Form. You may submit online or by mail/fax. CLICK HERE to apply online – OR – submit a paper application (download the PDF: 2016-17 Youth Member Application Form).
- Invite a caring adult in your life that you would like to serve as your adult partner. Submit his or her information within the application form. Your parent or guardian is not eligible to serve as your adult partner.
- Candidates will be contacted to schedule phone interviews as applications are received.
Choosing an Adult Partner:
- An adult partner is someone that you see as a mentor, or someone that cares about your personal, academic and professional development.
- An adult partner’s role is (but is not limited to) helping you prepare for events, reflecting with you during and/or afterwards, and transporting you to and from retreats, meetings and events.
- Please choose your adult partner wisely and let them know that this is a commitment that may require them to occasionally miss a complete work day.
Are you an adult interested in the MYC and want to volunteer as an Adult Partner? Contact Shakur at Sali@mnyouth.net to get more information!
If you know an adult or young person who would be interested in the MYC, please use this Recruitment Flyer to share this opportunity with others!
Questions? Please email Shakur Ali, Youth Engagement Coordinator, at Sali@mnyouth.net
Electronically Submit, Mail, Fax, or Email Completed Application
Apply Online: HERE
Minnesota Youth Council
Attn: Shakur Ali
2233 University Ave #235
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Attn: Shakur Ali
Learn more about the work of the Minnesota Youth Council on our Events page!