Activities and Events
Since 2013, GradMinnesota has partnered with key stakeholders in Minnesota to convene local and statewide summits. The events bring together youth, educators, community members and leaders, and policy makers to discuss the issues most affecting you and develop strategies for action.
The following events are not hosted by GradMinnesota, but are great opportunities to learn more about the work being done in the field!
In April of 2014, GradMinnesota announced the creation of three subcommittee working groups. For more information on the subcommittees, or to become involved, please contact the appropriate co-chair:
- Implementing Early Warning Systems and Multi-Tiered System of Supports for Students Co-Chairs: Cammy Lehr, MDE and Marnie Thompson, Northfield Public Schools
- Mentoring Relationships Co-Chairs: Kori Redepenning, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Joellen Gonder-Spacek, Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota
- Recovering and Re-engaging Youth for Success Co-Chairs: Sarah Dixon, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Sandra Lewandowski, Intermediate District 287
2014 Statewide Summit
On Friday, June 13th, over 200 youth and adults from across Minnesota gathered at Hamline University for the Statewide Summit: Ignite Youth Voice for Change. Supported by a strategic partnership with Minnesota Alliance With Youth, Minnesota Youth Council, youthrive and Youthprise, as well as State Farm, the event was a culmination of eight district summits during 2013 and 2014. Ignite Youth Voice For Change brought together youth, community leaders, elected officials, nonprofits and Minnesota Youth Council members to share youth perspective, mobilize youth voice, celebrate ongoing work, hear from experts and gain new skills.
Past Congressional Summits
- Carleton College in Northfield on November 6, 2013 (District 2)
- Minnesota State University in Mankato on November 18, 2013 (District 1)
- Lake Superior College in Duluth on November 23, 2013 (District 8)
- Hamline University in St. Paul on December 10, 2013 (Districts 4 & 5)
- St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud on January 13, 2014 (District 6)
- Bemidji State University in Bemidji on January 20, 2014 (District 7)
- Chanhassen High School in Chanhassen on January 22, 2014 (District 3)
Check out this clip from “A Summit of Experts: Generating Solutions to Address Dropout and the Achievement Gap,” at Hamline University on Dec. 10, 2013.