Activities and Events
Since 2013, GradMinnesota has partnered with key stakeholders in Minnesota to convene local and statewide summits. The events bring together youth, educators, community members and leaders, and policy makers to discuss the issues most affecting you and develop strategies for action.
State-Approved Alternative Programs (SAAP) Summer Seminar 2016, August 15th, 8:00am-3:30pm, MN Dept of Education, Conference Center B. Find out what’s new in alternative education! Sessions for this summer will include MARSS, Continual Learning Plans, Partnerships is Higher Education, World’s Best Workforce, Hybrid Learning and many more.
2016 National Dropout Prevention Network Conference October 2-5, 2016, Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI. Make plans to attend now. Check out motivational speaker Eric Thomas, with a video invitation to this conference on the Home page!
PAST ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS AND CONTENT
July 21, 2016
- Presentation: Youth as Advisors, School Climate, Policy and Beyond
- GradMN Operations Survey Results and Implications
May 19, 2016
- Prezi: Alternative Pathways to Earn a Diploma (GradMN Rec #7) Early Middle College
- Collective Action and Communication Subcommittee Update
- GradMN Summary (PPT)
- GradNation 2016 Report
- How is MN doing?
For more information on the subcommittees, or to become involved, please contact the appropriate co-chair:
Steering Committee: Contact Sarah Dixon, Minnesota Alliance With Youth
Strategy Committee: Contact Cammy Lehr, Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- Legislative Advocacy Subcommitee Co-Chairs: Kori Redepenning, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Mai-Ahn Kapanke, Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota
- Communication Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Kate Suchomel, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and TBA
- Resource Library Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Cammy Lehr, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and TBA
- Collective Impact Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Sarah Dixon, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Roberto Reyes, Minnesota Department of Education
2014 Statewide Summit
On Friday, June 13th, over 200 youth and adults from across Minnesota gathered at Hamline University for the Statewide Summit: Ignite Youth Voice for Change. Supported by a strategic partnership with Minnesota Alliance With Youth, Minnesota Youth Council, youthrive and Youthprise, as well as State Farm, the event was a culmination of eight district summits during 2013 and 2014. Ignite Youth Voice For Change brought together youth, community leaders, elected officials, nonprofits and Minnesota Youth Council members to share youth perspective, mobilize youth voice, celebrate ongoing work, hear from experts and gain new skills.
Past Congressional Summits
- Carleton College in Northfield on November 6, 2013 (District 2)
- Minnesota State University in Mankato on November 18, 2013 (District 1)
- Lake Superior College in Duluth on November 23, 2013 (District 8)
- Hamline University in St. Paul on December 10, 2013 (Districts 4 & 5)
- St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud on January 13, 2014 (District 6)
- Bemidji State University in Bemidji on January 20, 2014 (District 7)
- Chanhassen High School in Chanhassen on January 22, 2014 (District 3)
Check out this clip from “A Summit of Experts: Generating Solutions to Address Dropout and the Achievement Gap,” at Hamline University on Dec. 10, 2013.