Activities and Events
Since 2013, GradMinnesota has partnered with key stakeholders in Minnesota to convene local and statewide summits. The events bring together youth, educators, community members and leaders, and policy makers to discuss the issues most affecting you and develop strategies for action.
Minnesota Education Equity Partnership (MnEEP) 2016 Statewide Conference February 25, 2016, University of MN Coffman Student Union. MnEEP conferences have attracted hundreds of educators, policymakers, community leaders, and students and major media to learn about innovative approaches that enhance student of color success and drive change of our education systems.
2016 Annual Reengagement Plus! Convening March 16-18, 2016 Dubuque, Iowa. Reengagement Plus is the preeminent annual gathering for leaders, supporters, and staff of the growing network of programs and city wide collaboratives providing support for students who have left school.
2016 Youth Day at the Capitol March, 20, 2016. Youth Day at the Capitol will provide both training and engagement opportunities for youth and adults to participate in the legislative process. The day-long event will be open to school-age youth and recommended for youth 5th-12th grade. Minnesota Alliance With Youth is proud to sponsor this day along with: Ignite Afterschool, Youthprise, YWCA of Minneapolis, Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children (MnAEYC) & Minnesota School-Age Care Alliance (MnSACA), and MCEA.
Educate. Ignite. Transform. 27th annual National Service-Learning Conference. March 30 – April 2 at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Minneapolis. Join the more than one thousand students, educators, and government leaders from across the country and around the world to demonstrate how young people apply academic learning to address some of the most challenging issues of this century: the achievement gap, the environment, and peace-making to name a few.
PAST ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS
For more information on the subcommittees, or to become involved, please contact the appropriate co-chair:
Steering Committee: Contact Sarah Dixon, Minnesota Alliance With Youth
Strategy Committee: Contact Cammy Lehr, Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- Legislative Advocacy Subcommitee Co-Chairs: Kori Redepenning, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Mai-Ahn Kapanke, Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota
- Communication Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Kate Suchomel, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and TBA
- Resource Library Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Cammy Lehr, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and TBA
- Collective Impact Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Sarah Dixon, Minnesota Alliance With Youth and Roberto Reyes, Minnesota Department of Education
2014 Statewide Summit
On Friday, June 13th, over 200 youth and adults from across Minnesota gathered at Hamline University for the Statewide Summit: Ignite Youth Voice for Change. Supported by a strategic partnership with Minnesota Alliance With Youth, Minnesota Youth Council, youthrive and Youthprise, as well as State Farm, the event was a culmination of eight district summits during 2013 and 2014. Ignite Youth Voice For Change brought together youth, community leaders, elected officials, nonprofits and Minnesota Youth Council members to share youth perspective, mobilize youth voice, celebrate ongoing work, hear from experts and gain new skills.
Past Congressional Summits
- Carleton College in Northfield on November 6, 2013 (District 2)
- Minnesota State University in Mankato on November 18, 2013 (District 1)
- Lake Superior College in Duluth on November 23, 2013 (District 8)
- Hamline University in St. Paul on December 10, 2013 (Districts 4 & 5)
- St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud on January 13, 2014 (District 6)
- Bemidji State University in Bemidji on January 20, 2014 (District 7)
- Chanhassen High School in Chanhassen on January 22, 2014 (District 3)
Check out this clip from “A Summit of Experts: Generating Solutions to Address Dropout and the Achievement Gap,” at Hamline University on Dec. 10, 2013.