Minnesota Youth Council Advocacy
Through their work at the state legislature, the MYC acts as a voice for youth to the legislature and the governor. Read more about the work of the Minnesota Youth Council Committee.
The MYC members hear testimony on bills related to education and young people 2-3 times each legislative session. After each meeting, MYC Policy Committee members develop and send feedback letters to the authors of each bill heard.
April 21st, 2017 Feedback Letters
- SF570 PSEO Provisions and Graduation Incentives Program (Sen. Nelson)
- SF1722 Somali community development pilot grant program (Sen. Abeler)
- SF323 Drivers license applicants automatic voter registration (Sen. Laine)
- SF1793 Minnesota Civic Education Coalition grants appropriation (Sen. Cwodzinski)
March 21st, 2017 Feedback Letters
- HF276 Homeless Student Additional Support (Rep. David Bly)
- SF474 Youth Skills Training Program (Sen. Anderson, presented by Amy Walstien of Minnesota Precision Manufacturing)
- HF1255 School linked mental health services (Rep. Roz Peterson)
- HF181 State aid for school districts with low general education revenue per pupil and low property wealth per pupil (Rep. Eric Lucero)