Communications From the Alliance
If you wish to receive email updates from the Alliance, you will be asked to provide your email address. If you have provided your email address but no longer wish to receive emails from the Alliance, you may follow the instructions provided on the messages to unsubscribe, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and asked to be removed from the list. If you would like to update or change your email or contact information, please reach out to us at email@example.com with your preferred contact information.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet. We use your IP address to track traffic and usage patterns and improve our website. Your IP address is never linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP Address.
External Links to Third Party Websites
Notice to Parents
Minnesota Alliance With Youth does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
What information we collect
The Alliance collects and uses various pieces of information from persons donating to the organization. This can include: amount donated, date donated, donor name, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, credit card information or copy of check received. United States tax laws require the Alliance to keep contribution levels and contact information of donors on file.
How we use that information
The Alliance will use contact information of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about news and upcoming activities
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant US and state agencies
No sharing of personal information
The Alliance will not share, sell, rent or lease donor information to other organizations. The identity of donors requesting to remain anonymous will not be shared publicly.
All access to donor financial information is limited to professional staff who need to process those data. No such data are given to any person, organization or group who does not need to access those data.
The Alliance uses a secure online payment processing service, ProPay. All transaction and credit card information entered through our online donation system is encrypted using SSL certificates.
Discontinuing Contact Upon Request
It is the policy of the Alliance to discontinue contacting any person upon that persona’s oral or written request directed to the Alliance. Please request a copy of our “Policy on Discontinuing Contact Upon Request” for more details.
Donor Bill of Rights
The Alliance subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights, created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you have any concerns about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.