Our partners are all key to how we work! Since our inception in 1997, the Alliance has been working with young people, their schools and communities to ensure that innovative approaches inspire academic and civic engagement. In Minnesota, schools, non-profits, government agencies, community-wide coalitions, statewide agencies and others partner with the Alliance to host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows and VISTA members.
Applications for our 2018-2019 host site awards will be open December 1, 2017.
Partner with The Alliance’s AmeriCorps Program
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
The Alliance places over 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state to support youth in grades 6-10 who are at risk of dropping out of school. Partners can host can host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, or cohort of Promise Fellows, to provide evidence-based interventions to young people at their site. Learn more about the benefits of hosting an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTAs
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at host site organizations to support and amplify the site’s capacity to be effective and powerful solutions in addressing poverty and educational inequities. VISTA members serve alongside staff to support young people’s paths to graduation and work to close the opportunity and achievement gaps in Minnesota.
Apply to Host an AmeriCorps Member at Your Site
AmeriCorps Partner Host Sites engage with the Alliance in recruiting and selecting members to serve at their site, and contribute a cash match of $7,200 per AmeriCorps Member.
Below are the steps necessary to apply to host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows or VISTA members:
- Review the program overview: The Alliance Promise Fellow & VISTA Program Overview outlines program model research, evaluation requirements and Host Site rights and responsibilities. All Host Sites are held to requirements as outlined in this document.
- Position description: Use the templates below to create and upload a position description in the online application system. *Position Descriptions are subject to Alliance approval.*
- Interview questions: Use the templates below to create and upload your interview questions in the online application system. *Interview Questions are subject to Alliance approval.*
- Complete the online application: The 2018-2019 online application will be available by December 1, 2017. Previous years’ application questions are available for reference upon request.
Benefits of Partnering with The Alliance
- Access to over 100 partner organizations across Minnesota including schools, community based organizations, statewide nonprofits and government agencies
- An opportunity to expand the support and resources your organization is currently able to provide for youth
- New talent and creativity as AmeriCorps members join your team
- Ongoing monthly training and support from Alliance staff
- Cost effective option for a full-time staff member who increases support for youth
- You are a school or community-based organization serving youth in any/all of the following grades: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Your organization supports young people who could benefit from additional support in their attendance, behavior and/or course performance
- Your organization tracks and uses data to understand how best to intervene early and often to keep youth engaged in school and on track for high school graduation
- You are a school, non-profit, government agency, community-wide coalition, or statewide agency looking to build the capacity of your organization to address educational inequities
- Your organization is committed to eliminating poverty
All Alliance Partners
- Your organizational values align with the values of the Alliance: collaboration, equity and quality
- Your organization can commit to creating or strengthening sustainable partnerships between schools and community partners
- Your organization and staff fully believe in the promise of young people and that all youth can succeed
- Your organization is open to explore how youth can have a voice in your organization
Questions about becoming a host site?
Contact Christina at email@example.com or 651-587-0531.