Our partners are all key to how we work! Since our inception in 1997, the Alliance has been working with young people, their schools and communities to ensure that innovative approaches inspire academic and civic engagement. In Minnesota, schools, non-profits, government agencies, community-wide coalitions, statewide agencies and others partner with the Alliance to host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows and VISTA members.
We are currently not accepting applications for host site awards.
Partner with The Alliance’s AmeriCorps Program
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
The Alliance places over 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state to support youth in grades 6-10 who are at risk of dropping out of school. Partners can host can host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, or cohort of Promise Fellows, to provide evidence-based interventions to young people at their site. Learn more about the benefits of hosting an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTAs
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at host site organizations to support and amplify the site’s capacity to be effective and powerful solutions in addressing poverty and educational inequities. VISTA members serve alongside staff to support young people’s paths to graduation and work to close the opportunity and achievement gaps in Minnesota.
Apply to Host an AmeriCorps Member at Your Site
AmeriCorps Partner Host Sites engage with the Alliance in recruiting and selecting members to serve at their site, and contribute a cash match of $7,200 per AmeriCorps Member.
Below are the steps necessary to apply to host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows or VISTA members:
- Review the program overview: The Alliance Promise Fellow & VISTA Program Overview outlines program model research, evaluation requirements and Host Site rights and responsibilities. All Host Sites are held to requirements as outlined in this document.
- Position description: Use the templates below to create and upload a position description in the online application system. *Position Descriptions are subject to Alliance approval.*
- Interview questions: Use the templates below to create and upload your interview questions in the online application system. *Interview Questions are subject to Alliance approval.*
- Complete the online application: We recommend reviewing and answering the questions for the Online Application using this Word Document and then copying and pasting your responses into the online application form. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Benefits of Partnering with The Alliance
- Access to over 100 partner organizations across Minnesota including schools, community based organizations, statewide nonprofits and government agencies
- An opportunity to expand the support and resources your organization is currently able to provide for youth
- New talent and creativity as AmeriCorps members join your team
- Ongoing monthly training and support from Alliance staff
- Cost effective option for a full-time staff member who increases support for youth
- You are a school or community-based organization serving youth in any/all of the following grades: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Your organization supports young people who could benefit from additional support in their attendance, behavior and/or course performance
- Your organization tracks and uses data to understand how best to intervene early and often to keep youth engaged in school and on track for high school graduation
- You are a school, non-profit, government agency, community-wide coalition, or statewide agency looking to build the capacity of your organization to address educational inequities
- Your organization is committed to eliminating poverty
All Alliance Partners
- Your organizational values align with the values of the Alliance: collaboration, equity and quality
- Your organization can commit to creating or strengthening sustainable partnerships between schools and community partners
- Your organization and staff fully believe in the promise of young people and that all youth can succeed
- Your organization is open to explore how youth can have a voice in your organization
These toolboxes provide important documents and helpful resources for Host Site lead contacts and supervisors as they support the service of AmeriCorps Promise Fellows and Alliance VISTAs at their sites.
Promise Fellow Supervisor
Host Site Commitment
Host Site Expectations
II. Data Coach Responsibilities
III. Site Supervisor Responsibilities
IV. Alliance Responsibilities
V. Prohibited Activities for Members
VI. Non-Displacement Policy
VII. Non-Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Policy
Onboarding & Program Requirements Webinar (video) & powerpoint slides
2017/18 Member Service Agreement
Pre-Service Position Forms – Any members and sites engaging in pre-service activities (prior to member official start date) must complete one of the below forms to be approved by the Alliance:
Recruiting Promise Fellows
- iCIMS link: http://bit.ly/2qx1E1b
Sample Materials: Download and use these materials to help recruit Promise Fellow candidates in your community!
College & University Recruiting Resources
Promise Fellow Outreach Events
AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Half-Sheet Flyer
Promise Fellow Recruitment Postcard (with space to add your site information)
Promise Fellow 1/4 Sheet Flyer
AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Career and College Poster
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows vs. Alliance AmeriCorps VISTAs
- Supervisor Training
Host Site Supervisor Responsibilities
Promise Fellow Orientation and Planning for Supervisors and Promise Fellow Orientation and Training Calendar (templates for supervisors)
- Supervisor Manual and Training Calendar
Download and use these materials to help recruit VISTA candidates in your community!
Recruiting Events & Opportunities
Materials & Flyers
Alliance Recruitment Postcard (with space to add your site information)
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows vs. Alliance AmeriCorps VISTAs- lists benefits and sample daily schedule of an Alliance VISTA member
VISTA Supervisor Training Materials
Member Orientation Training
VIDEO: Introduction to VISTA