Our partners are all key to how we work! Since our inception in 1997, the Alliance has been working with young people, their schools and communities to ensure that innovative approaches inspire academic and civic engagement. In Minnesota, schools, non-profits, government agencies, community-wide coalitions, statewide agencies and others partner with the Alliance to host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows and VISTA members.
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
The Alliance places over 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state to support youth in grades 6-10 who are at risk of dropping out of school. Partners can host can host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, or cohort of Promise Fellows, to provide evidence-based interventions to young people at their site. Learn more about the benefits of hosting an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTAs
Application to Host VISTAs in 2018/19 is now closed.
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at host site organizations to support and amplify the site’s capacity to be effective and powerful solutions in addressing poverty and educational inequities. VISTA members serve alongside staff to support young people’s paths to graduation and work to close the opportunity and achievement gaps in Minnesota.
Apply to Host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow at Your Site
AmeriCorps Partner Host Sites engage with the Alliance in recruiting and selecting members to serve at their site, and contribute a cash match of $7,700 per AmeriCorps Promise Fellow.
Prior to beginning the Host Site Application, please review the program overview: The Alliance Promise Fellow & VISTA Program Overview outlines program model research, evaluation requirements and Host Site rights and responsibilities. All Host Sites are held to requirements as outlined in this document.
Complete the online application: Organizations interested in hosting an Alliance AmeriCorps Promise Fellow for 2018-2019 must submit an application. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however, there is a Recommended Deadline of February 10, 2018. This is a recommended date to ensure sites have appropriate time for member recruitment.
- New Host Sites: Alliance AmeriCorps Host Site Application
- Current Host Sites: Returning Host Site Application
Application Resources: Use the tools below to inform your Host Site application.
- 2018-2019 New Host Site AmeriCorps Application (word document)
- 2018-2019 Current Host Site AmeriCorps Application (word document)
- Promise Fellow Position Description Sample
- Promise Fellow Interview Questions
- Host Site Application & Member Recruitment Key Dates
Application questions? Contact Christina Berget at email@example.com or 651-587-0531.
Benefits of Partnering with The Alliance
- Access to over 100 partner organizations across Minnesota including schools, community based organizations, statewide nonprofits and government agencies
- An opportunity to expand the support and resources your organization is currently able to provide for youth
- New talent and creativity as AmeriCorps members join your team
- Ongoing monthly training and support from Alliance staff
- Cost effective option for a full-time staff member who increases support for youth
- You are a school or community-based organization serving youth in any/all of the following grades: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Your organization supports young people who could benefit from additional support in their attendance, behavior and/or course performance
- Your organization tracks and uses data to understand how best to intervene early and often to keep youth engaged in school and on track for high school graduation
- You are a school, non-profit, government agency, community-wide coalition, or statewide agency looking to build the capacity of your organization to address educational inequities
- Your organization is committed to eliminating poverty
All Alliance Partners
- Your organizational values align with the values of the Alliance: collaboration, equity and quality
- Your organization can commit to creating or strengthening sustainable partnerships between schools and community partners
- Your organization and staff fully believe in the promise of young people and that all youth can succeed
- Your organization is open to explore how youth can have a voice in your organization
Questions about becoming a host site?
Contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-587-0531.