APPLY TO HOST AN AMERICORPS MEMBER!
The AmeriCorps Promise Fellow and VISTA Program Overview document contains all of the information about hosting AmeriCorps members at your school or organization. Any interested host applicants should read through this information before beginning your application.
Host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows and VISTAs:
New Sites (if you have never hosted AmeriCorps members with the Alliance):
- New Promise Fellow Host Sites: Application and Word Document
- New VISTA Host Sites: Application and Word Document
Returning Sites (if you are currently hosting an AmeriCorps member):
- Returning Promise Fellow Host Sites: Renewal Form and Word Document
- Returning VISTA Host Sites: Renewal Form and Word Document
Applications are due January 22nd, 2021 (accepted on a rolling deadline after this date)!
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at host site organizations to support and amplify the site’s capacity to be effective and powerful solutions in addressing poverty and educational inequities. VISTA members serve alongside staff to support young people’s paths to graduation and work to close the opportunity and achievement gaps in Minnesota.
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
The Alliance places over 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state to support youth in grades 6-12 who are at risk of dropping out of school. Partners can host can host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, or cohort of Promise Fellows, to provide evidence-based interventions to young people at their site. Learn more about the benefits of hosting an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
Benefits of Partnering with The Alliance
- Access to over 100 partner organizations across Minnesota including schools, community based organizations, statewide nonprofits and government agencies
- An opportunity to expand the support and resources your organization is currently able to provide for youth
- New talent and creativity as AmeriCorps members join your team
- Ongoing monthly training and support from Alliance staff
- Cost effective option for a full-time staff member who increases support for youth
2018/19 Promise Fellow Impact Study Findings
In 2019, the Alliance partnered with The Improve Group, an independent evaluation consulting firm, to evaluate the impact of the AmeriCorps Promise Fellow program on student outcomes. Data on student attendance, school engagement, and work completion was collected and analyzed from host site partners throughout the state.
Results from the Impact Study showed significant gains for students in the areas of attendance, tardiness, and academic engagement. Highlights include:
🚌 Students supported by a Promise Fellow were on time to school an average of 35 additional days in the school year.
🍎 74% of students served by an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow improved how they think and feel about school.
✏️59% of students supported by a Promise Fellow increased their school attendance.
Questions about becoming a host site?
Contact Sarah Ullmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-554-6019.