APPLY TO HOST AN AMERICORPS MEMBER!
The AmeriCorps Promise Fellow and VISTA Program Overview document contains all of the information about hosting AmeriCorps members at your school or organization. Any interested host applicants should read through this information before beginning your application.
Host AmeriCorps Promise Fellows:New Host Site Application Returning Host Site Application
Host AmeriCorps VISTAs:VISTA Host Site Application
(both new and returning VISTA sites use the same application)
Applications AmeriCorps Host Sites Are Due Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Alliance AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at host site organizations to support and amplify the site’s capacity to be effective and powerful solutions in addressing poverty and educational inequities. VISTA members serve alongside staff to support young people’s paths to graduation and work to close the opportunity and achievement gaps in Minnesota.
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows
The Alliance places over 200 AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state to support youth in grades 6-12 who are at risk of dropping out of school. Partners can host can host an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, or cohort of Promise Fellows, to provide evidence-based interventions to young people at their site. Learn more about the benefits of hosting an AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
Benefits of Partnering with The Alliance
- Access to over 100 partner organizations across Minnesota including schools, community based organizations, statewide nonprofits and government agencies
- An opportunity to expand the support and resources your organization is currently able to provide for youth
- New talent and creativity as AmeriCorps members join your team
- Ongoing monthly training and support from Alliance staff
- Cost effective option for a full-time staff member who increases support for youth
Questions about becoming a host site?
Contact Sarah Ullmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-528-8589.